Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find port

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 5 Mar 2005 06:32

Hi my name is Kerry Everitt and I am trying to locate anyone who is some related to me. My Irish relos came from Ballinderry by Moneymore, Londonderry Ireland. John Port was born in 1804 and married Margaret Berryman. One of their 10 children was William James Port who married a Mary Jane and one of their daughters Mary Jane Port went to Australia and married a Henry Hedges. What intrigues me is that I have not been able to find out how or who came to Australia in the Port family, how on earth they arrive in Walgett, which is the one of the furthest points in New South Wales (Australia) and they seemed to have married there, had their first child there, but noone knows them. Ho Hum. But I thought that maybe someone out there may have a clue. Thanks for listening or reading Kerry Everitt

Judy

Judy Report 23 Sep 2007 23:51

Hi Kerry,

I have a John Port born c1829 ? married in NSW, Australia in 1851.Parents not known at this time. Could this John Port be connected to yours in NSW.

Regards,

Judy

Kerry

Kerry Report 15 Jan 2008 05:33

Hi Judy,

Sorry for not answering this earlier but didn't know how this worked and was awaiting for a reply to me through Genes when they notify your email. Oops. Not good eh!

Where did your John Port's family actually come from, did they come from Ireland, Ballinderry to be sure? If so there could be a connection.

Take care Kerry