Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Taggart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Mar 2005 06:53

Looking for any Taggart's who's ancestors (or relations) originated (or possibly still live in the vicinity) of Legoneil Belfast or Donegore. Co. Antrim. Northern Ireland. I have a pretty good family tree available to them. Thanks. Val Poole (Nee Taggart)

Marcia

Marcia Report 4 Oct 2007 23:39

Hi Valerie,
the Taggarts that I have in my tree are :
Martha jane taggart who married
Thomas Patterson in 1900
Her sister was Maggie Taggart.
I think they had a brother John also ?
Maggie may have married a Johnie kane ? about 1905
I am just starting on Martha Jane's tree now
she was my grandmother
bye for now
marcia

Neville

Neville Report 11 Dec 2007 23:03

G'day Valerie, I am working my way back up my tree and am looking for info. on John Taggart, born 1830 in Bangor. He married Jane Crawford in Belfast & they migrated here to Stanthorpe, Australia where they raised a large family including my G'father James. The Taggart branch of my tree only goes back to John so would probably be of no interest to you.
Kind regards, Nev Taggart

Valerie

Valerie Report 20 Nov 2008 18:15

Hi Marcia, better late than never. For some reason I forgot about this site
What area did your Taggart's come from. I do think we had connections with a Kane family. They owned (at one time) the Causeway Hotel, (very famous) Co. antrim.
My Taggarts so far as I have found hailed originally from Donegore. Co. Antrim. But I really need help and am hoping you might be a link to missing Taggarts.
Regards Val.