Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Darnley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 17 Oct 2003 02:13

Hi all Darnley Researchers, I am interested in Darnleys from Birmingham and also with Cheshire Roots! I have my line going back to Edward Darnley b Stockport near Manchester, UK who was a Clerk/Building Contractor who married Hannah Worrall (b 1821) a shoemaker (called Cordwainer then) in 1844 in Liverpool. I have 4 children so far that I believe are theirs; (Do you know of any more?!) Robert Darnley b 1847 Birkenhead a plasterer/builder. He married Elizabeth Stretton (m 1868 Birmingham). Edward Darnley b 1859 Birmingham a plasterer who migrated to Australia with his widowed mother. He married Elizabeth Wilde. Annie Darnley b 1862 a fruit and veg seller (called Huckster in those days)(m Edward Taylor an Upholsterer pre 1881) and James Darnley b c 1832 Birmingham. He married Rosetta or Rose as she was sometimes known. I would love to hear from anyone related to any of the above brothers and sister. Or From Edward Darnley Senior/ Hannah Worrall's line! I'll include a short summary of their children below to help anyone see if they are linked to this family; Robert and Elizabeth Darnley' s Children ; Elizabeth Harriet (b 1879), Ada Elizabeth (b 1874), Edward J (Ted)(b 1870), William S (b1871), Annie J (b c 1876), Samuel R (b 1878), Walter R (b 1887) and Lucy (b 1868) Edward and Elizabeth Darnley's Children ; Margaret , Stella, Gertrude, Doris, Arthur Ernest, Charles, Babs, Clara and another who died young. James and Rosetta Darnley's Children; Richard (b c 1875), Rosette (b c 1877), George (b c 1879) and Hannah (b c 1880/1) Please feel free to contact me via my Genesconnected email address about any Darnley's who you may think link in, or any of those who married these Darnleys too! Yours hopefully your cousin, Amanda Punnett nee Horton PS Breaking news it appears that there are 2 more brothers Samuel Darnley and Richard Darnley who migrated to Australia also in the late 1800's and so anyone interested in these two Darnleys please contact me!!

Vicki

Vicki Report 22 Apr 2009 14:10

I have the name Darnley in my tree. I don't know anything about them only that my grt grandparents Thomas george Lloyd Parsonage from Leasowe Birkenhead Cheshire, b. 1852 and his wife Annie Jane (unknown), b abt 1861 in Market Drayton shropshire had 9 children. One of them was Bessie Darnley Parsonage, b. November 1896 and appears to have died the same day or month. She had a twin sister Alice Mary Parsonage who lived for seven years and died in Nov 1903. could this be related to your search.
Vicki

Alan

Alan Report 22 Apr 2009 14:26

The post is nearly 6 years old Vicki..............try sending a pm by clicking on the name..............but dont hold your breath.