Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups please - suffolk parish registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 25 Aug 2007 11:12

Does anyone have access to the registers for the parishes of;
Saxtead, Stoke, Earl Soham, St.Matthew Ipswich, Kettleburgh all in Suffolk?
I have been given information regarding some of my ancestors that I would like to "prove" myself as I am unable to get proof using the Family Search site.
It could be that they were from other church denominations as I find these records appear not to be readily available on line.
The people I'm trying to trace are;
1. James Ribbans B.1723 where??? Ipswich -m- Bathsheba 1751 Ipswich - son of >
2. Samuel Ribbans B. ?? possiblyStoke or Saxtead - m- Hannah Clark Claydon 1714 - son of >
3. John Ribbans/Revans B 1671 Saxtead - m- Mary Woods 1691 Saxtead - son of >
4. Robert Ribbans B 1639 Saxtead - m - Hannah ??? ??Saxtead
- the son of >
5. Robert Ribbans/Revans B 1611 Kettleburgh - m - Margaret Thingoe 1636 Worlingham/Parham - son of >
6. Humpherie Ribbans 1583 Kettleburgh - m Jane Stowers 1610 Saxtead - son of >
7. Robert Revans B 1529c ?Kettleburgh - m- Bridget Flicke 1568 Earl Soham - son of >
8. William Revans B 1500c where? - m - Elizabeth about 1535
I realise this may be a tall order but any assistance will be greatly appreciated
Alan
25-8-07

Susan

Susan Report 25 Aug 2007 21:59

From Boyds marriage index.

1751 / RIBBONS JAS / CAT BATHSHEBA / IPSWICH ST MATTHEW / SUFFOLK