Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Turvey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 10 Apr 2007 19:18

Looking for any decsendants of Abel and Annie Turvey who died in Islington around the middle part of the 20th century,they would all be my cousins. Also any information on Abel's father also Abel,born Eaton Bray 1824/5,father William Turvey Many thanks,Linda Turvey[nee Cormack]

Sheila

Sheila Report 22 Oct 2007 17:41

Hi Linda
I have details on Abel & Annie Turvey plus Abel's dad etc as I am researching the Turvey/Dole family for Kenny Turvey (my brother-in-law).
If I can help I will

Regards
Sheila Reading

Turvey

Turvey Report 4 Sep 2013 23:15

DearvLinda i have alot of information on the Turvey Family regards

John Turvey

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Sep 2013 23:17

Hello John, it's well over 6 years since Linda posted. She has 0 posts under her name which implies she is no longer a member.

Turvey

Turvey Report 4 Sep 2013 23:18

I am a great Grandson of Annie and Abel Turvey of Islington

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Sep 2013 23:19

.......and she didn't respond back in 2007

jax

jax Report 5 Sep 2013 00:49

You could always click on her name and send a private message John, if her email address is still the same she will be notified

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Sep 2013 09:12

Not if she isn't on GR's radar, which seems likely..........with zero posts to her name.

But..........nothing lost by trying.

jax

jax Report 5 Sep 2013 10:02

I do not know what Zero posts means but it does not mean they are no longer a member, what ever that means. The only way they can be non members is if they delete their account

Here is an example of someone with "0" posts

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/893958

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 5 Sep 2013 11:38

WOW Out of sheer coincidence i actually know Alan and Linda Turvey, nee Cormack, she lives here in Tenerife and I have lunch with her most Fridays!!!

Lin is no longer a member and is on holiday at the moment. It is Alan who is into genealogy. I will tell Lin about this thread when she comes home.

Wendy
:-D

jax

jax Report 6 Sep 2013 15:24

Hi Maureen

It may be better to start a thread of your own rather than add to this old one

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 6 Sep 2013 15:56

Thanks Jax good idea. I know nothing about Turvey genealogy I just know the original poster

Wendy