Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Whitehead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 11 May 2006 12:38

I´m trying to trace descendants of my G G Grandfather, he was Joshua Whitehead, born 1822 in Clayton le Moors, Lancashire and died in Blackburn, Lancashire in 1900. His parents were John and Mary Whitehead (dob unknown). Joshua married Betty Barker Duckworth in Great Harwood in 1843. Betty was born in Great Harwood, Lancashire in 1821 and died in 1886 in Rishton. They had 9 children born in Blackburn, Accrington, and Rishton in Lancashire. 1/ Hannah b 1842, 2/ William b 1844 married Sarah Ann Dixon b 1848 Accrington 3/ Mary Ann b 1846 4/ Robert b 1848 married Isabella Grimshaw b 1852 Rishton 5/ John Thomas b 1850 married Alice b abt 1848 Blackburn 6/ Elizabeth Jane b 1851 married Thomas Taylor b 1855 Rawtenstall 7/ Mark b 1853 8/ James Barker b 1856 married Amanda Bracewell b 1858 New Mills, Derby 9/ and adopted son Henry Ellison b 1862 Liverpool My GGrandfather was Mark Whitehead born in Accrington in 1853, the seventh of their children. He married Sarah Ellen Bateson, daughter of James Wilson Bateson and Nancy, born in Rawtenstall in 1855. Mark and Sarah Ellen married in Great Harwood in 1874 and had 8 children: James Wilson Whitehead born Rishton, Lancashire 1875 Sarah Annie Whitehead born Rishton ' 1877 Harry Marcus Whitehead born Rishton ' 1880 Bessie Whitehead Born Rishton ' 1882 Alice Primrose Whitehead born Rishton ' 1885 Mabel Bateson Whitehead Born Risnton ' 1887 Clara Whitehead born Rishton ' 1891 Dorothy Mary Whitehead born Rishton ' 1894 Mabel Bateson Whitehead was my Grandmother, she married George Waddington, born 1886 in Withnell Lancashire, in Great Harwood, Lancashire in 1913. My father, Harry Waddington born in Clayton le Moors in 1913, was their only child. I hope that someone can give me information where to find some of my father´s family as at the moment I don´t know anyone from this line. Thanks, Diane in Spain

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Sep 2007 23:03

Hi Diane
We share the same great great grandfather Joshua. My great grandfather was William brother to yours.
My grandfather was Joshua born 1878 one of 9 children who married Margaret Fyles.
They had 2 children Phyllis and James, my father born in 1909.
Was very excited to find a distant relative.Have recently visited Rishton and found a few of the Whitehead houses from addresses I had. Do you know anything about the Whitehead Iron Foundry?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Margaret Harrison nee Whitehead

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Oct 2007 09:16

Hi Diane
We share the same g g grandfather Joshua. My g grandfather was William brother to yours. My grandfather was Joshua born 1878 one of 9 children who married Margaret Fyles. They had 2 children Phyllis and James, my father, born in 1909.
Was very excited to find a distant relative. Have recently visited Rishton and found a few of the Whitehead houses from addresses I had. Do you know anything about the Whitehead Iron Foundry?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Margaret Harrison (nee Whitehead)

Philip

Philip Report 9 Feb 2014 17:18

Hi Diane

I think that we are definately related.

My Grandfather was James Waddington and his brother was George Waddington who married Mabel Whitehead Bateson and they had a son Harry Waddington.

I believe that Harry Waddington married Gladys Robinson but Harry was sadly killed in a car crash in Bensonville Illionis.

My mother recently passed away and I have been going through all the family photographs which include ones of Harry Waddington and his mother Mabel.

I have about four to five generations of photographs going back to about 1885 and can send you some scanned copies if you let me have your e-mail address?

I believe that Harry and Gladys had a daughter called Diane and she currently lives in Spain but have never met her.

If you believe that we are related please contact me.

Phil Waddington

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Feb 2014 17:30

Phil Please remove your email address - it is against the T & C.

Your post may well get reported and removed if you do not so this yourself.

The original post is very old and Diane won't get a notification if she has changed her email address.

Try sending Diane a pm by clicking on her name.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Feb 2014 23:50

Diane has ZERO posts to her name, so is not an active member

She didn't acknowledge the replies in 2006, so isn't likely to respond to yours

Follow the advice on the post above...................

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Feb 2014 09:54

Just come back on to see if Philip deleted - I see someone has reported it.

Will pm Philip.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 Feb 2014 09:50

Philip has not opened my pm so I shall delete it as his post is back without his address.