Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marion M Cross

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thelma

Thelma Report 18 May 2011 17:49

I am looking to find information on my mother named Marion M Cross, she died in may 1953 in blackburn and I am unsure of when she was born. So far I have one birth certificate of a Marion Cross which proved to be the wrong one as her fathers name on the marriage certificate to my father doesnt match the one on this certificate. Please help me :-)

patchem

patchem Report 18 May 2011 17:53

What name did she die under?
Thanks

Added:
Was this her death?
Marion M Gallagher
Birth Date: abt 1916
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1953
Age at Death: 37
Registration district: Blackburn
Registration County: Lancashire
Volume: 10b
Page: 326

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 May 2011 18:09

Your own birth cert will give her maiden name

Andrew

Andrew Report 18 May 2011 18:10

Duplicate. Also on the Genealogy chat board.

Andy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 May 2011 18:21

Thought the names were familiar

Thelma, the rule is one posting for the same person or family otherwise we waste time duplicating look ups and posting.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 19 May 2011 12:26

Hello Thelma and welcome to the boards.

You can also try putting your mother's details into the Search Trees box above to see if anyone else on this site has her in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner.

Hope this helps. Cx

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 May 2011 22:23

She died under the name Marion May Gallagher. Apologies for duplicating, I am new to the site. And thank you Cynthia I have just done that, thanks for your help

Kind regards,

Thelma

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 25 May 2011 22:30

Who were the witnesses to the marriage?

Rose

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 May 2011 22:47

The witnesses are Emma Bellotti and Owen A Holroyd.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 26 May 2011 02:34

For ref in case anyone else comes along and continues this one

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1268777

seems to be where it should continue, even though it is not the right board.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 26 May 2011 09:33

Hi Thelma,

It's pretty daunting on here when you first start isn't it? I was just the same. I never considered that the same people would be looking at all the boards and that by putting a message on more than one board I would get more help! Ah well, one lives and learns ;-)

As Janey has said, it would be better to ignore this thread now and continue with the other one as it seems more info is being found for you. I do hope it helps to solve your mystery.

It may help to take a look at the guidelines at the top of the first page of this board, and there are more tips if you click on Help above.

Regards. Cx