Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E-Petition Birth, Marriage & Death Research Copies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Edward

Edward Report 14 Aug 2011 16:10

Please Sign my e-petition if a UK citizen, also copy and paste this to your status updates on Facebook as need 100,000 signatures to get this read in parliament.

Please dont create a new e-petion just sign this one, to get to the 100,000 signature goal

http://epetitions.direct.gov.u?k/petitions/1792

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Aug 2011 16:19

Can't find it Edward!

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Aug 2011 16:30

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1792

Edward has put a ? in which shouldn't be there

Also on General

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 14 Aug 2011 16:33

the link is the wrong one us this link

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1792

Roy

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 14 Aug 2011 16:34

Oh yes.

Good thinking Batman! Sorry - Edward!

Jill

Clover

Clover Report 14 Aug 2011 17:33

I am Irish (Republic) but have a lot of rellies born/married/died in U.K.just wondering if i could sign petition ?????

Betty.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 Aug 2011 19:43

All very nice, but who is going to pay for the Act of Parliament which will enable this?

We are talking about several millions of £ to get even the most straightforward of legislation through Parliament.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Aug 2011 23:16

If the government lose all the money they get from the sale of certificates they will have to find it from somewhere else. I can't see them doing this in this economic climate.

Kath. x

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Aug 2011 07:32

I read around the time of the last price hike that the GRO was supposed to be self financing, with no money flowing either to or from the Treasury, so any scheme would have to continue on this basis.

But, as I say, by far the biggest hurdle will be the cost of changing the law. This was one of the reasons the digitization program was halted - it couldn't have been implemented under current law.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Aug 2011 08:14

Am I being a bit thick here !! Please do not answer that LOL

Surely the amount of time spent to issue an uncertified copy and the work involved in finding the entry in the records is the same as for a certified copy. Just printed on different paper.

If that is the case why would any company or organisation offer to do it.

Must be missing the point

:-S