Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Mar 2012 16:24

When i try to C&P any records from Ancestry............they appear like this...

(The record i posted here to give an example of my problem was picked at random. I noticed that this person could possibly still be living....so i have deleted it.)

If anyone can tell me how to rectify this so that the records appear in order, i would be extremely grateful!

PH.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 20 Mar 2012 16:42

Prickly,

If I remember correctly GR member Alanonthewirral had a similar problem towards the end of last week. Unfortunately I cannot remember how he resolved it but I know that he did.

I suggest that you flick back through the message boards to see if you can spot his post.

In the meantime once you have copied whatever from Ancestry temporarily paste it into notepad or similar and then copy it from there and paste it wherever, it should then appear correctly.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Mar 2012 16:46

Thankyou very much Jonesey.

I knew there was someone who had this problem recently....but i couldn't remember who!

I will check out his thread.

Thanks again.

Prickles. x

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 20 Mar 2012 17:50

TRY RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TO PICTURES

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Mar 2012 18:40

Thanks Dizzi.

Kense

Kense Report 20 Mar 2012 18:56

If you select "view printer friendly" from the left when you have an Ancestry record displayed and then copy that, it should work OK.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Mar 2012 18:59

Thankyou for your post KenSE.

Yipeee!!

I found the thread you mentioned Jonesey and i am up and running again thankyou.

In case it helps anyone else.................

If you are using Windows and Internet Explorer try this.

At the top of the screen where the address for the website is a little symbol that looks like a torn piece of paper. Click on this and it should change colour. Do the same for any website that you cut and paste content from.

Its called Compatiblily View.

Perfect!!!
;-)

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Mar 2012 18:59

If you are using IE9, then your Compatability View might be wrong!

Have a look at the top of the screen where the website address is. Just to the right should be a little symbol looking like a piece of torn paper. Doulble click on this and it may help. Repeat on other websites that you use.

HTH

Andy

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Mar 2012 19:03

Yes Andrew..........it was your information i found on Alanonthewirrals thread that sorted the problem for me.

Very much appreciated.........it's been driving me mad all week!!

Prickles. :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 20 Mar 2012 20:19

I right click and "save picture as" then go to pictures and crop all the black edges off (especially with census, saves ink) then print. If you turn the paper over & put it back in the printer the click on the "view printer friendly" all the details can be printed on the reverse.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Mar 2012 21:02

Thankyou Mr Magoo.......a great tip!