General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes reunited performance issue

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 13 Jan 2012 19:42

I use an IPad, and have found that the performance is very poor when on the Genesreunited website. It is slow, it freezes, and takes ages to load.Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Jan 2012 19:48

Hi Barbara....

I use a notebook, and find performance is somewhat poor and soooooo slow it drives me mad sometimes........especially on GR for some reason :-(

Cooper

Cooper Report 13 Jan 2012 20:31

Yes Barbra,

OH has one and when I use it I have the same problem.
I was blaming other family members using xbox lap top etc at the same time, I thought that was the reason until I went onto another geneology site, guess what, no problems!!!

Its only GR which seems to be the prob.

Teresa

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 13 Jan 2012 21:58

I have had this prob lem for a couple of weeks now, on the laptop I have always used. Wait ages to load and cannot use the scroll bar when it has loaded for a minute or t wo.
:-(

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 13 Jan 2012 22:08

Yes i use an ipad and its really slow. I think its all the adverts loading that does it

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Jan 2012 07:15

GR has been slow for months .............. to varying degrees. Sometimes much worse than others

But it doesn't seem to really matter what you use

even a desk top can be slow!

sylvia

Neil

Neil Report 18 Apr 2012 00:20

Our laptop died so we purchased a notebook. Genes Reunited does not run anywhere near as well as it did on the laptop. The format is different and it does not seem to function properly, i.e. the use of the clipboard now does not work.

I'm planning to buy a laptop on top of this notebook also, and I need to if I want to continue my tree (now with several thousand relations on ti) on genes reunited.

:-(

Barry_

Barry_ Report 18 Apr 2012 00:51

I use my Motorola Xoom for viewing GR and so often reloading pages is slow - and thus infuriating, of course!

This doesn't occur with other web sites so it's really down to GR. Nothing new, then!