General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new tree layout

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 1 Feb 2012 17:37

Can anyone tell me how to access census records from new tree layout everytime I go on to census pop up a yellow hand comes up with a red exclamation mark didnt have this problem with old set up. I am not very computor literate so any help much appreciated thank you

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Feb 2012 20:01

Wish I could help you but I'm having lots of problems with the new tree right now. Have you e mailed Genes as they will try to help you ?
They keep telling me I need to upgrade my explorer or get Goggle Chrome or something else.....never had this problem before the "improvements", and as I don't have high speed access I find doing downloads very difficult if not impossible most days.

Wend

Wend Report 1 Feb 2012 20:07

I still have the old tree, as well as the new one - don't you Ruth? I have been working on the old one to-day, with no problems at all. Haven't dared venture onto the new one, after all the bad reports.

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Feb 2012 20:14

Lately I've been unable to attach anything to anyone on my old tree, plus I can only access a lifeline on the new tree if I have nothing on it otherwise nothing comes up !!
I also see today I can no longer print off my old tree.
Today it's been VERY slow for me on both trees....just not my day I suppose =0)

Ruth

Ruth Report 2 Feb 2012 10:35

Thanks for replies managed to get old tree back, I am not very computor literate and have only just got the hang of doing the tree so unhappy of any changes (my brain getting old now) I wish they would not change things for us oldies I spend a lot of time doing research and are very thankful to those that have helped me as it passes the time of day when unable to get out. I did sent messages to team but got no replies so far.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 2 Feb 2012 19:24

I can't see anywhere you can add census details, and they are supposed to be shown on the timeline.