Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Farthing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 2 Apr 2006 14:54

I am trying to locate the descendants of Joshua Farthing born Launceston 1816. Worked as a tailor in City of London(Clerkenwell) from c1830. He married Caroline Andrews 1838 at St James Clerkenwell and they had several children. The family then moved back to Cornwall briefly until Joshua death in 1864. His widow & children then returned to London. I am a descendant of Susan Farthing b 1848 daughter of Joshua & Caroline Farthing. She married Alfred Attfield & moved to Portsmouth (PORTSEA) The remaining Farthings continued to live in London. I have a diary dating early 20thcentury that places them there. Any information on the following would be greatly appreciated in my search for my family:Caroline Loveday Farthing b 1842,Edward Farthing b 1845 Henry Farthing 1851 Alfred Farthing 1853 Emmeline Farthing 1856. The youngest Farthing also called Joshua b 1858 emigrated to USA where he died in 1906 in Florida.