Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

relatives of joan hogan from llay, north wales

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 24 Oct 2011 12:30

am trying to find relatives of this lady who is now 85. she had a son called dennis meirion hogan born in wrexham in 1951. i understand he worked for wardrobe dept in t v and then went to america. he had a sister carole elizabeth anne, who died when about 40, i understand she married and had a grand daughter.

would love to hear from anyone who knows of this family as they are cousins of mine and have information about joan hogan, the mom and grand mother,

Flick

Flick Report 24 Oct 2011 12:39

Start by looking in search trees

Flick

Flick Report 24 Oct 2011 22:02

Ancestry does not return any record of a birth as per your data for the lady's son

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Oct 2011 22:24

There was another thread on this a while back. I'll see if I can find it.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Oct 2011 22:27

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1272746

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 24 Oct 2011 23:05

?
Dennis M T Hogden
(mother Edwards, Wrexham, 1951)

Added:
The image says:
Hogen Dennis M T

Lynski

Lynski Report 24 Oct 2011 23:08

That looks good, patchem.

On FMPand FreeBMD it is Hogen

patchem

patchem Report 24 Oct 2011 23:36

Cannot see sister........
unless she is called Monica, and Hogan (though ancestry says Hogen)

Added:
Carol E A Hogan
Mother's Maiden Surname: Edwards
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1958
Registration district: Wrexham
Inferred County: Anglesey
Volume Number: 8a
Page Number: 436 (

patchem

patchem Report 24 Oct 2011 23:46

?
Name: Carol Elizabeth A Bautista
Birth Date: 4 Jan 1958
Date of Registration: Apr 1999
Age at Death: 41
Registration district: Brighton
Inferred County: Sussex
Register number: A2B
District and Subdistrict: 4521A
Entry number: 58

Flick

Flick Report 25 Oct 2011 16:40

No registered births on Ancestry for Bautista with MMN Hogan

Nor can I see a marriage.........perhaps it occurred outside of England/Wales.............

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 26 Oct 2011 11:15

sorry not been on here for sometime, no the name is def hogan. do i take it that carole married a became mrs bautista in brighton. yes, she died at the age of 41, in brighton.

something to go on.

carole elizabeth was born in north wales and so was her brother dennis. they moved to australia with their parents about 1961, but mother came back and they went to america, althought hey came back and worked for a t v company at treadington - i v spoken to them and they remember them but said dennis went back out to california. i know he was working for sterling guards limited in 1980 in wardrobe for the miss world contest. does anyone know sterling guards e mail address.

i fear dennis too must have passed away.

thanks for all your help

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 26 Oct 2011 11:22

yes, there was another child monica who died in infancy. these are my first cousins and i am trying to find either dennis or caroles grand daughter as my aunt has dementia and is always talking about them.

thanks again

Flick

Flick Report 26 Oct 2011 13:18

If you buy the death cert, you'll find out for certain if it's the person you think it is.

The maiden name will be recorded, as will the place of birth.

Also, the informant's details may prove helpful to you.

As I stated earlier, there is NO info on Ancestry.

As you have now finally told us that they were in America at some stage, it's entirely feasible to think that she married there.......and had her child there (if she had one)

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 27 Oct 2011 13:20

yes, thanks.

have sent a letter to the local paper to see if that turns anything up, but will certainly consider sending for the cert.

there was a big fam fall out with my cousins and my aunt because my cousin dennis (her son) was gay - how she never knew because we all did, and with brighton in the frame as being a possibility i might evenfind out what happened to dennis.

thanks to all of you. vry excited at the prospect of finding them, as i would not like my aunty to pass away (she is now 85 and has dementia) without any of her family knowing anything about her.

i ahve told the social services that i want to register the death when it happens so any one inthe future can know a niece was on hand and have arranged to have her buried (her wishes as well) with her dad.

thanks again