Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Arthur A Smith and Robert W Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggst523

Maggst523 Report 27 Oct 2011 20:07

hello everybody. I am asking if anybody can help me again with my search for these 2 people born in 1957 and 1959. I have managed to find a little about them and their mother and father but would like very much to make contact with them or their family. I know that they were born in the Liverpool area and I have found out that Arthur may have married in 1978 but have searched electoral rolls etc. and as you will probably realise Smith is about the hardest name there is. I am coming up against a brick wall and I cannot find any more information and as I am not based in the UK it is even more difficult. Has anybody got any ideas or feel they can help in my search. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Lynski

Lynski Report 28 Oct 2011 01:43

You should have gone back to your previous thread - someone sent you birth details. Did you check your inbox?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1282559

Maggst523

Maggst523 Report 25 Dec 2012 14:24

Hi all - Seasons Greetings to everybody. Sorry not been active for a while. Not getting anywhere with my search for relatives of Arthur and Robert Smith and their mother Jessie M Smith (nee Cowper). I have 2 birth dates and 1 marriage date and nothing after 1978. As I am based in Spain it is not that easy to get any further only coming over to the Liverpool Records Office but looked on electoral roles as far as possible and drawn a blank. Maybe I am not meant to be in contact with them and these brick walls are there for a reason. Any more suggestions gratefully received. Maggs. :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Dec 2012 23:00

I assume these are their parents?

Name: Jessie M Cowper
Spouse Arthur Smith
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1956
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 10d
Page Number: 772

Have you considered following Jessie's family? The name is reasonably unusual - certainly compared to Smith! - and if you can find Cowper aunts/uncles/cousins they might know something.

Jan

Maggst523

Maggst523 Report 28 Dec 2012 16:39

Hi Brummiejan - thank you and yes this is the correct entry. I have managed to track down the relatives of Jessie's brother (now deceased) but they lost contact before I was born (presumably as Jessie was having a child and not being married) and none of them knew what happened to her after the early 1950s. I think Arthur (Jessie's son) married a Catherine Murphy but then the trail goes very cold and I cannot get any further. Maybe it is trying to tell me something!!!!!!! Thanks Again. :-D