Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census never load for me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 27 May 2011 20:44

All the other census pages work fine, but any 1901 census pages start off grey, then turns to blank.
All the others start black then load the image.
Is this a known issue?
I really need to check 1901 for some info. :S

Joeva

Joeva Report 27 May 2011 23:20

Ruth,

There are four symbols in the bottom right-hand corner that show when you hover the cursor -the first symbol is the one you need to click on for the image to appear. Hope this is the solution for you not being able to see the 1901 census.

Ruth

Ruth Report 28 May 2011 00:18

Thank you very much, that worked. I didnt need to do that for the other census's, but I am glad it worked for 1901. :)

Joan

Joan Report 28 May 2011 16:27

I can load the 1901 census but not download. Can you help on this too please?

philmoir

philmoir Report 28 May 2011 18:40

Ruth - Unfortunately the 1901 census images are in PDF format (unlike all the others which are jpg format). Adobe (the authors of the PDF format) restricts what we can do with these and how we show then on the page - which I agree is very annoying. Thanks Joeva for explaining how to view the image.

Joan - As per the answer on your other thread. i.e. right click on the image and select save as.

regards Phil Moir - Genes Reunited developer

Joy

Joy Report 30 May 2011 10:25

That is strange, Phil; the images are jpg format in find my past and in ancestry sites.

philmoir

philmoir Report 20 Jun 2011 19:48

I have posted a response to 1901 situation in this thread.

I believe this thread is now covered by the one at the above URL, so am locking it.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1269823