Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CMT: Housekeeping and Team

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 25 Jul 2011 19:08

Can anyone give an idea of when the problems shown on this board are going to be looked at and sorted.

"House Cleaning" appears to have been given up on as most threads are not marked !!!!!!!!!!!

Many of the threads are getting no response from GR Team at all so the poster does not know if the GR team are actually do anything about that particular problem.

These problems have been outstanding for so long now that it feels as if GR can not be bothered to sort them out for their members

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Jul 2011 21:25

I think Phil might be on holiday which might be the answer!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jul 2011 22:26

I think this Suggestions board is slipping away from what it was originally intended for - i.e. suggestions for changes to the site that we would like to see happen.

It now seems to have become the place to point out things going wrong with the site, which I would have thought should be directed at the support team via email.

Just my opinion though.

I'd be surprised if Phil has time to do any site development if he spends his time answering threads on here.

No offence intended to anyone who has posted about problems with the site.

Kath. x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 25 Jul 2011 22:49

Kath

Yes I take your point.

Maureen

Joy

Joy Report 26 Jul 2011 08:10

I appreciate what you say, Kath.

However "This board is for you to add your suggestions for changes you would like to see made to Genes Reunited." - and some changes I would like made would be for the ongoing (for several months now) intermittent errors to be resolved.

It is appreciated what Phil has been doing, but surely, genes reunited staff, there should be other staff with the capability to answer and resolve such issues in his absence?

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 26 Jul 2011 08:51

Hi everyone,

Phil is on holiday at the moment, which is why you haven't seem him on here. If there are any urgent bugs could you please report them directly to our support team? We answer all emails within 24 hours, and usually much quicker than that. The email address is [email protected].

As Kath has pointed out, this is a board for your suggestions on ways to improve the site. Our support team don't tend to monitor this board, so any bugs that have been reported here may well be missed.

Thanks for your help!

Estelle - the Genes team.

Joy

Joy Report 26 Jul 2011 09:21

Thank you, Estelle.

I am not personally aware of any urgent bugs, but some reported bugs have been issues for a few months now so I am sure you will appreciate that they are irritating :-)

philmoir

philmoir Report 2 Aug 2011 21:08

Now back from holiday (and with a lot to read), and even "the" GR management probably wonder when I get time to post. The answer is, in my own time generally - same as you all (I presume you're not doing this at work?)

For those that are interested, we're not a huge team

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/static.page/meet_the_team

So when anyone is away the development team are pushed to the limits
getting new work out the door. We have just taken on three new developers for different aspects of the site, but they'll take a little time to get up to speed.

Normal service (from me) is now resuming. And getting the house-cleaning on the board going again.

Joy

Joy Report 3 Aug 2011 08:21

Welcome back from holiday :-)

"(I presume you're not doing this at work?)"
- no, I am retired :)

Re the team - I remember being told some years ago "we are only a small team" ;-)
I could not see the names Katie nor Alex in the team yet am sure emails have been received from them recently.

philmoir

philmoir Report 3 Aug 2011 08:54

Alex works on Friends Reunited, but Katie is still with us (very much so) - she is second from top - as Product Manager

Estelle

Estelle Report 3 Aug 2011 09:05

Hi Joy - some of the support team are quite shy, but I am trying to convince them to be added to the page. Alex S is just trying to find a baby photo!

Joy

Joy Report 3 Aug 2011 09:07

So she is, I see Katie now, thank you :)

"Shweta has the difficult job of testing all of the new functionality we release on to the site to make sure it works for our member." - no, there must be more than one member :)

Grown up photos would be okay :)

Bright solid really is a big enough organisation to afford more staff to help you, Phil and Estelle ;-)

What happened to Martine?

PS Estelle has a gold star but Phil's has gone AWOL :)

Joy

Joy Report 4 Aug 2011 13:22

Re the team - I could not see the name Melissa in the team but had an email today from her.