Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cyril Dore.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 15 Jan 2011 16:40

Has the thread on Cyril Dore been deleted.

Maryb

jax

jax Report 15 Jan 2011 16:52

Yeah thats strange its gone

Surely Robert has'nt deleted all that work

jax

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 15 Jan 2011 17:04

Maybe he's got as much info as he needs/wants and has copied it and deleted. Maybe he's not comfortable leaving such personal info on the computer for a long period of time.

jax

jax Report 15 Jan 2011 17:08

Dont know about that he enjoyed coming on for a chat with everyone

I will pm him

jax

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 15 Jan 2011 17:45

hope he hasn't lost it.

Good idea Jax, it was a lovely thread, he did seem to enjoy it.

Mary

Mary Report 15 Jan 2011 18:05

I also have PM but he hasn't replied as yet.

Maryb

Christine2

Christine2 Report 15 Jan 2011 19:18

Hi All

I PM'd Robert yesterday to ask where it had gone and had a reply earlier. Apparently he thought he would delete a few of the chatty replies and try to just leave the relevant things. He obviously didn't know that he couldn't just delete other peoples replies and accidently deleted the whole thread. He asked me if it could be brought back but I told him I doubted it but to contact GR to check.

Funnily enough, I went looking for the thread to ask Robert if he would like us to now delete all the chat - too late.

He has received the birth cert he was waiting for, so I'm hoping he comes on and tells us what it said. I asked him to.

Christine x

jax

jax Report 15 Jan 2011 19:28

Thats a shame!

They should give you the option to cancel a deletion like they do on FB rather than let it get whooooshed by mistake

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 16 Jan 2011 02:35

For anybody who has missed Robert's new thread, here it is:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/trying_to_find/dore/thread/1255365