Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

robert moore

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

debbie

debbie Report 3 May 2011 01:08

I am trying to trace a robert moore born around 1911 in whitehaven and already having mentioned it on this board two people have helped me find one poss link on freebmd which showed one robert moore at this time. I know he was single in 1936 as my grandmother gave birth to my mother at this time although she had her adopted 8 months later. I have just looked to see if there was any record of any robert moores who became married in whitehaven within six years of this time and four names have come up. Is there any way i can view these and would it have the birth date of these robert moores on the actual marriage certificate itself. I am so new to this can anyone help thank you

Lynski

Lynski Report 3 May 2011 06:16

Firstly, if you have already posted about Robert Moore before have you gone back to your earlier threads? You should add more information to that thread.

Go to My thread participation on the left hand side of this screen.

I doubt that it would have the birth date of Robert on the marriage certificates - they usually only state the age given.

The only way of viewing marriage certificates is to buy them.

Have you tried Search Trees on this site? You could put Robert's name in and make contact with anyone who has him in their tree.

Lynski

Lynski Report 3 May 2011 06:18

This is your other thread -

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/trying_to_find/thread/1266740

debbie

debbie Report 3 May 2011 09:33

thank you

debbie

debbie Report 3 May 2011 10:37

is there any way to look up any records of people married in whitehaven? i live in cardiff so is there any place nearer

Lynski

Lynski Report 3 May 2011 23:11

You can search on www.freebmd.org.uk

debbie

debbie Report 9 May 2011 22:54

I have now a birth certificate of a Robert Moore who was born on Aug 22nd to Rebecca Moore formerly Watt and James Moore a deputy at a coal mine. They were living at 1 Walkmill cottages Moresby in whitehaven. Of course Robert might not be my grandfather but at the moment he fits all the criteria. What do I do next.? I need to find more family but am not sure how. Could anyone give me any advice please?

Lynski

Lynski Report 9 May 2011 23:22

You really need the marriage certificate of your grandparents so that you can hopefully find out the names of their fathers. This will enable you to go back further and confirm if the birth certificate you ordered is the right one?

Do you know the name of your grandmother?

Lynski

Lynski Report 9 May 2011 23:28

This is the family from the birth certificate you ordered in 1911 census -

MOORE, James Head Married M 45 1866 Deputy Overman Coal Miner Greysouthern Cumberland
MOORE, Rebecca Wife Married
18 years F 40 1871 Cockermouth Cumberland
MOORE, Joseph Son Single M 18 1893 Coal Miner Hewer Hensingham Cumberland
MOORE, Rose Ann Daughter Single F 16 1895 Moresby Cumberland
MOORE, James Son Single M 14 1897 At Pump In Coal Mine Below Moresby Cumberland
MOORE, Mary Daughter Single F 13 1898 Moresby Cumberland
MOORE, Ellen Daughter Single F 10 1901 Moresby Cumberland
MOORE, William John Son Single M 8 1903 Moresby Cumberland
MOORE, Thomas Son Single M 6 1905 Moresby Cumberland
MOORE, Henry Son Single M 4 1907 Moresby Cumberland
MOORE, Agnes Daughter F 1 1910 Moresby Cumberland
HARE, James O Boarder Single M 48 1863 Pit Top Labourer Colliery Ireland
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
31490 Reference:
RG14PN31490 RG78PN1808 RD577 SD1 ED16 SN114

Registration District:
Whitehaven Sub District:
Harrington Enumeration District:
16 Parish:
Moresby

Address:
1 Walkmill Cottages Moresby Whitehaven County:
Cumberland

Do you know anyone who might recognise the names?

Lynski

Lynski Report 9 May 2011 23:31

Try Search Trees on this site. There is one person who has Robert Moore born in Cumberland (1912) in their tree.

You could contact them to see if you have a connection?

Lynski

Lynski Report 9 May 2011 23:33

The same person has some of the other children from this family so it would really be worth contacting them.

debbie

debbie Report 9 May 2011 23:36

Oh my God that ws so quick thank you so so much . I know i made be on a goose chase at the moment but you never know. Thank you so so much I am really greatful . who do I contact do i just click on trees? xx

Lynski

Lynski Report 9 May 2011 23:43

You go to the Search Trees tab at the top of your screen, click on Search All Trees and enter the name of the person you are searching for - in this case, Robert Moore, 1912, Cumberland (her name is Jean).

Click on the Find out More tab and write to Jean giving her some details that she can compare with her own.

Hopefully, she can help you find out if this is your grandfather????

debbie

debbie Report 9 May 2011 23:54

Thank you so much xx

Lynski

Lynski Report 9 May 2011 23:57

In your other thread you say -

There is a possibility he was catholic and had at least one sister. My Mother was born in Leeds on Sept 21st 1936 to Ruth Howe from Shap and was adopted nine months later.

If Robert Moore is your grandfather what is your grandmother's name? Is it Ruth?

jax

jax Report 9 May 2011 23:59

Debbie can you please remove your post on living relatives before it gets duplicated again

jax

debbie

debbie Report 10 May 2011 00:21

Yes Ruth was my grandmother, lynne. Her name at that time was ruth howe of Shap x

debbie

debbie Report 10 May 2011 00:22

Have deleted that post. Sorry I think im getting the hang of it now !!!

debbie

debbie Report 4 Jun 2011 14:56

Apparently have found that there was a court case between my grandmother Ruth Howe and the family who could include my grandfather . Does anyone know if you can look up court cases and if so how would I go about it? Thank you