Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Andre

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 27 May 2007 07:42

ANY ANDRE'S OUT THERE? Get in touch please, i have got so far and now im stuck. please help!

David

David Report 8 Sep 2007 16:37

Hello Tracey

I have a friend who asked me to help her trace her family.
She had employed a Professional Genealogist but they were not making much progress.

They had found a St Phorien ANDRE who was a Professor of French and German. He died aged 69 in 1849. At the time of his death he lived in Hammersmith

Regards
David Fellows

Tabbicat

Tabbicat Report 18 Sep 2007 15:49

Hi Tracey, I have a Mary Andre (my gggg grandmother) in my tree who is rather mysterious. In the 1841 census she was 70 and listed as being born in "foreign parts". She was married to my gggg grandfather Ebenezer Mills. Her full name was Mary Julia Phillipine Andre. If you google GeneaNet this will get you a French run (but translated into English) website which is free and there is lots of info on French Ancestors. I say this because I have a feeling she may be French.

Happy hunting.

Lynda

denise

denise Report 23 Apr 2014 20:10

Hello, Tracey.

I am married to a Frank Andre who was born in Portsmouth and lived mainly on the south coast. Like you he has great problems in trying to find a previous family. Fingers crossed. . .

Denise

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 23 Apr 2014 20:21

Hello Denise, it's 7 years since Tracey posted about the name Andre so it's quite likely that she's not checking for replies now.

You could try to contact her by clicking on her name to send a direct message.

denise

denise Report 1 May 2014 19:42

It appears unlikely that we would be related as there has been a change of name by deed-poll. Thanks for the reply, though.

Denise :-)