Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brennan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 17 Feb 2008 14:35

Trying to find any information at all on Margaret Brennan who married John Ryan in Raymond Terrace NSW Australia in 1864.
John was a school teacher in the Newcastle area. They later moved to Sydney.
Thanks, Margaret

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 18 Feb 2008 03:59

Hi Margaret.

RYAN to a BRENNAN marriage. I dont envy your task. Bit like a Smith to a Jones...lol

Have checked for possibly births in Aussie States for a Margaret BRENNAN & BRENAN.for you.
Below is a list of Margaret BRENNAN births in all States....1800 to mid/late 1800s

17 Margaret BRENNAN ( N.S.W )
25 Margaret BRENNAN ( VIC. )
05 Margaret BRENNAN ( Tasmania )
04 Margaret BRENNAN ( W.A )
10 Margaret BRENNAN ( Q.L.D )
05 Margaret BRENNAN ( S.A )

Most of these births/christenings are 1853 upwards, and given the time of marriage......1864

RYAN, John CM 859013 Marriage
Spouse: BRENNAN, Margaret
Index Year: 1864
Reg Year: 1864
Reg State: New South Wales
Ref Number: 3000

she would at the very "latest" been born c.1850....but not after i would hazard a guess.

The earliest Margaret BRENNAN birth/bapt registered in N.S.W was in 1855.

There was one birth registered in Victoria in 1843 out of the 60 odd that i could find throughout Aus.( All other births were after 1853....making her to young to marry in 1864 )

BRENNAN, Margaret EB 206926 Christening
Sex: Female
Father: Edmund
Mother: Moore Joanna
Event Place: Melbourne
Reg Year: 1843
Reg State: Victoria
Ref Number: 36736 Parish: St Francis, RC

It may pay to purchase the marriage cert to John RYAN, or at least this would be my next move, because its also possibly she could be born O/seas.
This would /should give her place of birth and possible parents names.

Sorry, best i can offer.....unless someone else perhaps can help further.

Best of luck.

Tony ( Victoria Australia )

Korrine

Korrine Report 29 May 2010 23:02

Hi Margaret,

I was doing a search to see what else I could find about Margaret and John and then came across the message you had posted in 2008.

I have John and Margaret's marriage certificate, it doesn't have their parents name. I know exactly when they both died so may be the death certificates might have more information on them?

I have the address that the family moved to and were there till they passed. Still trying to add the bits and pieces here.

From Korrine Simone

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 23:33

old posting here - suggest you click on poster's name to try and make contact via GR

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 29 May 2010 23:43

Hi Korrine.

If you look at the date Margaret posted (17th February 2008 ) you will notice Margaret never responded to the information i supplied back then.

She may have forgotten she even posted it, or could never find her post.? She may have also left the sight, or was ill.

Best way to contact her, would be to "click" on her name and send her a pm ( personal mail ) to see if she responds.

Cheers. Tony....:>))

Korrine

Korrine Report 31 May 2010 02:48

Thanks Tony

We have been in contact and we are researching the same family tree!

Have a great day :0)
Regards
Korrine