Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burrows in St.Helens

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 24 Nov 2007 09:43

I am looking for the birth of my maternal grandmother, Lily Burrows, born c1882 to George Henry Burrows. Her mother is unknown and she was brought up by an aunt and had an uncle who worked as a steward on P and O line. She had an illigitimate child called Fred around 1900. She then married a Charles Ide and moved to OldArlesford.I would appreciate any info. on either Lily or her father. I have found his burial in St.Helens cemetery in 1913 but know nothing other that he was a painter by trade.

trishcurtis

trishcurtis Report 24 Nov 2007 11:52

Hi Georgina I found the marriage record between Lily and Charles William Ide 1906 Oct-Dec Basingstoke Hampshire /Berkshire vol 2c page 451

Cant find the name you mentioned Old Arlesford on map there was an Old Airseford Hampshire ??

you don't say who the aunt was who brought Lily up were they Georges relatives or his wifes? if George was married and his wife died giving birth then if I know reg district can look for a Burrows woman who died 1882 same quarter and then for a marriage for George just prior to that date with wifes Christian name the same as dead woman if you follow me.
need to know what county I am looking for info

found 2 refs to a George Henry Burrows but he is a bricklayer not a painter by trade Pat