Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Butler family, Bournemouth, Dorset.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cliff

Cliff Report 1 Nov 2010 18:34

Looking for any information on the children of Marie Anapher Butler nee Brooks (1919-1967) Carol A, Josephine A, Christopher, Stephen P and Sandra E. All born Bournemouth area between 1942 and 1955. My wife was born Stephanie Louise Butler in 1959 and adopted at two weeks old. Any help in tracing any relatives appreciated.

Gee

Gee Report 1 Nov 2010 18:57

Cliff I have sent you a PM....look in your inbox

x

Madeline

Madeline Report 2 Nov 2010 17:02

Birth relatives (and adoptees) can register their details on the Adoption Contact Register at the General Register Office, Southport (all info on their website). If there is ever a match, both parties will be contacted by the administrators of the Register.
Also, your wife can try NORCAP, also very helpful.
Good luck with your search.

Cliff

Cliff Report 3 Nov 2010 18:14

Thanks for the helpful comment and suggestions, the only problem as regards the adoption register is the adoption was a private one so possibly no records exist.

Madeline

Madeline Report 4 Nov 2010 16:01

Cliff,
I am also searching for my half-brother who was adopted shortly after his birth in 1961. His was also a private adoption but I have registered my details at the GRO and with NORCAP, in the hope that one day he or a son or daughter of his will look for our Mum, and eventually find us.
I figure that those are two of the most obvious places to start, and where, hopefully, he would be directed to if he began a search.
If he ever does, he will find me (via my details, including our Mum's info along with all the details of his birth), waiting for him there!