Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Butler

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tara

Tara Report 3 Apr 2007 19:45

Looking for information on my Grandfather, Patrick Tobin and his family. His mother's name was Annie Butler. When she married my Gt Granfather James Tobin in Merthyr Tydfill, Wales September 5 1907, she is listed as a widow( previous married name Doyle). Unfortunately Annie passed away shortly after may grandfather was born. Annie's father's name was Patrick Butler, on him we have no information. There was at least one other sibling a sister named Mary. Who strangely enoungh married James Tobin's brother Stephen. in Merthyr Tydfill in either January, Feburary, or March in 1911. My Gt Grandfather passed away later the same year. It was Stephen and Mary that brought my grandfather up. They had their first child James ( known as Jimmy) in Merthyr Tydfill early 1912. There was another child born later Stephen(Stevie), unsure whether Stephen was born in Wales, or after they moved back to Ireland. We are unsure when they moved back to Ireland, but they moved to Watergrass Hill in Cork. This was where my grandfather met my grandmother Eileen Clare Kenny. Stevie was one of the witness's at my grandparent's wedding. Unfortunately we know no more about the family, as my Grandfather new little himself, and he passed away shortly after I was born. We do know that there are descendants of Stephen Tobin and Mary Butler living in Watergrass Hill. It is believed that Mary lived to a ripe old age, as both my father and my aunt have memories of her after WW2. Anyone who has any information on either family name would be greatly appreciated.