Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Butler

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo

Jo Report 8 May 2006 18:06

SARAH SUSANNAH BUTLER and family. Trying to find out more about Sarah's family. She was born in Dartford in 1865, brother George William born 1867 and sister Rebecca born 1869. Sarah married Alfred William Fryer in 1888. George married Flora Kirk in 1893. I can't find Rebecca after 1881. Sarahs parents were William Butler 1825 - 1870, I think, and Rebecca Hammond born in 1826 in possibly Poplar, London, she was christened at St Andrews in Holborn. Would love to find out more about her parents. I'm at a dead end with William. Anything look familiar? Regards Jo

Maria

Maria Report 13 Oct 2009 01:53

Hi Jo,

We seem to have similar names in our Butler families but dates are different can you give more info and allow me to see your tree.

regards Maria

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 13 Oct 2009 03:03

Hi Maria - you're answering very old posts. They date from a time when it probably wasn't even possible to reply to posts in threads (I'm not sure exactly when that changed), and the posters probably aren't looking for replies, and are likely not even active at GR any more.

If you click on the poster's name you can send a private message. If they are checking here they will see it; if they still have the same email address they will receive notification from GR (no notification is sent of posts in threads).

A tip - asking for access to other people's trees is likely to be viewed dimly by a lot of people. ;) Best to offer info (privately) to establish a connection first.

Similar names but different dates likely means different people - but good luck.