Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

When George Butler died

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosy

Rosy Report 27 Oct 2007 16:29

Looking for when my Grandad's dad "George Henry John Butler" died ( born - Ticehurst, Sussex 1878 ). Have marriage cert to a Emily Edith Wight in 1899, Folkestone, Kent.
My grandad was born 1909 was always told his father had died when he was very young. Have searched BMD both Free and Ancestry sites but no joy.
Any help would be grateful or where to look next.
Regards ------------ Rosy

Bernadette

Bernadette Report 27 Oct 2007 17:03

Hi Rosy,
Could this be your relative? Is Wolverhampton a possible area?

England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1983
about George H Butler
Name: George H Butler
Estimated birth year: abt 1879
Year of Registration: 1911
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at Death: 32
DISTRICT: Wolverhampton
County: Shropshire, Staffordshire, West Midlands
Volume: 6b
Page: 627 (click to see others on page)

Regards,
Bernadette

Rosy

Rosy Report 8 Nov 2007 20:08

Hi Bernadette,
You must think me very rude not returning your replay. For some reason i thought Genes reunited would highlight that i had a response. I have just looked. Thankyou for your help. I have seen the death record when i first started looking and dismissed this person. But Thankyou again and sorry this reply is so late. ----------- Rosy