Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Caldwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 17 Mar 2006 11:14

David Caldwell, b 19.6.1859 Kirkmichael, Ayrshire married Eliza Davidson. They are in the 1891 census for Helensburgh. They had five sons Thomas b 1886, John b 1888, Willaim b 1890 and Andrew and David. Also a daughter Celilia. The family went to the USA at different times between 1907 and 1920. They lived and worked in Cleveland, Ohio. They were joiners and plumbers. David is a half brother to my Grandfather Andrew Caldwell b 1869 Kirkmichael. I would love to fine some of David and Elzas decendants.

Sharon

Sharon Report 24 Nov 2007 13:38

my father is hugh caldwell born in kirkmichael in 1932, his father was james caldwell and his mother was annie caldwell, both born around the turn of the century. my father had one brother called jimmy, and 3 sisters, anna, netty and jean, who still resides in maybole which is half a mile from kirkmichael. if you go to google and go to images and type in kirkmichael primary school you will find a school photograph of your grandfather andrew and his siblings. hope this helps you in some way, im sure my fathers family and your family will be connected in some way as all the caldwells who lived there were related as far as my dad can tell me.