Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Emmanuel Jacob CARD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 5 Aug 2009 20:51

I'm trying to find information on my Grandfather.

He may also be known as Jacob Emmanuel. (Emmanuel is sometimes spelt with one 'm').

I have lost trace of what happened to Emmanuel, he was born in Studley, near Calne, Wiltshire in 1880. He married a Eva Annie Bubb, and in the 1901 census was living with his wife and one child, Frederick, in Chippenham. They had another three boys, Reginald, who was my father, Albert and Alfred.

I know that sometime, possibly around 1920, although I'm by no means certain of the year, he walked out on the family and was never heard of again. I've checked as many death records as I could, up to 1975, but have not found any record of his death.

I suppose he could have changed his name, maybe emigrated, I just don't know - but perhaps you do?

Is there just one person out there who knows what happened to Emmanuel Jacob Card. If there is please contact me as soon as possible.

Many thanks - Maurice Card