Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Chew

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 30 Jan 2007 13:52

Looking for Lancashire Chews: James Chew born c1880 who married Isobella Tillotson (not sure of spelling of Isobella's surname) born c1880. Birth dates are incredibly loose. I do know however that James Chew was one of the first people in this country to be proscribed insulin and died of it because of the impurities. Any information would be gratefully received.

Glenys

Glenys Report 24 Nov 2007 08:06

Hello Linda,
I am descended from a John Chew b. Blackburn- Lancashire 1819. mar. Elizabeth Grounds and then they immigrated here to Australia in 1842.
not sure if we have a connection, but happy to share any info that I have with you.
Look forward to your reply,
Sincerely Glenys Kranendonk