Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Clarey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 8 May 2007 14:09

Hi there, I'm trying to locate anyone who may have information regarding Frances Clarey (formally Oldham). She was living at 1 Court Love Lane, Sheffield in 1897 when she has a daughter Ann (or Annie). Occupation listed as a charwoman on Ann's birth certificate. She may also be the same Frances Clarey who was living in Rotherham in 1899 when she had David Clarey at 39 Oil Mill Fold in 1899. Other siblings were Mary born 1893 and John Willie born 1902. It is believed they were in the Rotherham Union workhouse from 1906-1907 when Frances left the workhouse leaving her children behind. David and Mary left the workhouse in 1907, John Willie left in 1908 and Annie not leaving until 1911. David may have been taken in by a family named Dixon who lived in Rotherham and was known for a short time by the name Harold Dixon. In 1914 he entered Barnardo's and emigrated to Canada aboard the SS Silcilian. In particular I am trying to find Debbie Lefebure who posted most of this information some time ago. She is the grand-daughter of David Clarey. My own grand mother was Annie Clarey who went on to marry Morgan Edwards in Ripon, England. Sadly she passed away in December 1959 but it would be nice to contact my Canadian relatives. It would also be wonderful to find any of Mary or John Willie's decendants. Thank you. Linda