Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gordon Cole, Morpeth, Northumberland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Veronica

Veronica Report 14 Mar 2009 22:07

Trying to find Gordon Cole formerly married to Sarah Mounsey. They had 4 daughters, Mary, Hazel, Audrey & Sheila. One son William who died as a toddler. Gordon was a coalminer and was in the Navy during WW2. Had 3 sisters and 3 brothers (I think). One was called Harry.

Paul

Paul Report 14 Mar 2009 22:33

The marriage to Sarah Mounsey was in 1924 in Morpeth, so it is likely this is his birth:-
COLE, Gordon, 4th quarter 1900, Morpeth, Vol 10b, page 423

What exactly are you looking for Veronica?....his death?...or things earlier than his birth?

Veronica

Veronica Report 16 Mar 2009 14:32

Hi Paul

Thank you so much. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about him and his side of the family. He's my Grandfather. My mother is Sheila Cole his youngest daughter.

Kind regards
Veronica