Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stephen Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 25 Jul 2010 18:40

Hi, I am not sure if anyone can help me but I have come to a standstill - I am trying to find the parents of Stephen Cole abt 1740 married Rachel Ford 4/10/1762 Binsted Hampshire, I am not sure if the parents might even be from Twyford Hampshire, but can't be sure.
I would appreciate any help or advice that anyone could give.
Thanks Sue

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 25 Jul 2010 20:11

Have you tried a search on this site or the IGI on familysearch.org
Good luck,
Liz

Sue

Sue Report 27 Jul 2010 13:59

Hi Liz,
Yes thanks, I have tried both with no luck - BUT I did phone the records office who have said that if I have no luck again with the microfiche (which were blank when I last looked), they would let me see the original parish record - RESULT!
I may not be able to actually read the original, but at least I will have exhausted all available options open - unless of course anyone knows of any other method of finding someone with this problem.
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Sue

Brian

Brian Report 27 Jul 2010 23:58

i know of the cole family who live off of thornhill park road in southampton to this day and i have some conection to the family via my nan violet james,and her father liberty james, are you in contact with that family or are part of that family possibly.
a note that details relating to proper address are omitted

Brian

Brian Report 28 Jul 2010 00:06

have also been in contact with family from the colden common area who are also related but the surname eludes me at the moment. will look back at some of my notes.

Sue

Sue Report 7 Aug 2010 18:01

Thanks for that - just to update, went to the records office in Winchester last Monday and they let me look at the film of the originals which I could read - sadly no record at all of a birth of a Stephen Cole in either Binsted, Twyford or Bentley between the years 1730 to 1750, in fact, I couldn't find a mention of any Cole members between those years, which has really confused me - where did they all go?
From previous research I know that they were in Twyford in the late 1600's and in Binsted from the marriage of Stephen and Rachel in 1762 - was there some sort of mass exodus of this family for some reason to another county? Now of course, unless someone out there has information, I am never going to be able to match this Stephen up with any other Stephen.

Beagle

Beagle Report 15 Aug 2010 19:51

I have coles in my family my maiden name is cole. the coles in my tree originate from plymouth devon area. the devon/cornwall areas have a lot of tin mins and copper mines so they might have a made a exodus to these counties.

deb

Sue

Sue Report 5 Nov 2010 23:12

Thanks Deb,
I will keep on searching.
Sue