Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jessica

Jessica Report 12 Dec 2006 16:02

Hi, Just adding to the below... Someone has recommended that a possible way to find out the father is by 'bastardy records'. Is there anyone in the roughton area that could possibly check in the parish records- that's assuming they would be located there. Or if you have any info on bastardy records that would also be appreciated. Many thanks Hi there, I'm desperatley looking for any help or maybe locate some relatives. My Great Nan was May *Mary) Elizabeth Cole B 1917 in Roughton (erpingham) Norfolk. Her mother was born Laura Ethel cole B 1897 but was known as Ethel Laura Cole. The father of May is unknown and there doesn't seem to be anyone alive who may know who he is. I did hear a mention that he could have possibly been scottish. Laura Later had another daughter ( Dorothy Cole B approx 1927- very approx date) by an unknown father (i know what your thinking!). I'm also not 100% sure where she was born- could have been Norflok also but not sure. From what i understand Dorothy was put into care (possibly in London) due to being a child out of wedlock.However they kept in touch and Dorothy did end up locating near (oxfordshire) to Ethel and May and married a Jack Mawle. If anyone knows anything please get in touch as i would really like to find out more. if you need any extra info let me know. Thanks Jess x