Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maree

Maree Report 7 Aug 2004 06:50

I am trying to trace any members of the COLE family. My grandfather James Leggat Cole born Shettleston, Glasgow, 1889 & married Edith Blanche Lewis from Finley NSW. James father was Thomas Cole & his mother was Mary Burns Thomas Cole mother and father were John & Mary (Rouss) Cole. Mary Burns Parents were Thomas & Margaret (Leggat) Burns. Thomas Coles brothers and sister were John born 9th Nov 1834 Sarah b 17th May 1836 Lew b 31 st March 1838 Eliza b 12 th July 1840 Mary Ann b 8th feb 1843 George b 6th June 1845 Thomas b 22nd Oct 1847. Thomas is my great grandfather Marie b 14th April 1850 David b 14th Sept 1852 Harriett b 21 st Dec 1854 Ellen b 10th sept 1858 Ellen came to Australia & became a nurse & married a Spencer.