Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family cooper/povie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 24 Nov 2007 08:26

hi i am trying to find members of my family i can get back so far in my granmothers family but coming to a brick wall when trying to find my dads family.
i dont seem to be ablule to find my dads dad and behond that my dad was called vincent david cooper and he was born 27/sept 1910 hes mum was called mary cooper and hes grandad was call samual benjamin cooper hes wife was called isabella povie all the povies side i can get but it stops at my dads grand dad all i know is that my dads dad was serposed to be called william young he was in the army in world war two and died an hero and he was from glasebury warrington i know the grave for william young is in glasbury and looked after by the armed forces i have been to the grave but found out nothing
can some body help me find out more about my dads dad

meny thanks
george

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 24 Nov 2007 09:32

Vincent David Cooper was your dad and he was born 27/09/1910? or is that your grandad?

When was his father born ? you seems to get a little confused, his mother Mary Cooper unless she was unmarried was probably not born a Cooper? Marriage would have removed her maiden name and replaced it with Cooper?

Samuel Benjamin Cooper, when was he born? and where?

Could you possibly add a few more birth dates and places so we can help you...

Regards

Wayne