Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tracing my family tree Davidson Edinburgh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 25 Apr 2008 22:44

trying to find any info on my grandfather archie davidson born in 1910 lived in edinburgh most of his life not sure if he was born there or not. any info on him or relatives i would be grateful.

Aileen

Aileen Report 8 May 2008 11:16

Hi,

The only Archibald Davidson I can find for Edinburgh 1910 had a middle name probably Henderson but record only gives "Hende" bit of it. As birth records can only be viewed on-line until 1907 I can't tell you any more.You would really need his parent's names to go any further on-line.
If you live in Scotland you can book an appointment at your local registery office usually cost around £10-15 for one hour and they will search the records for you.