Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Andrew, Margaret, Thomas Davidson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne-marie

Anne-marie Report 29 Mar 2010 00:40

I am trying to find my partners paternal family line. What i have so far is:
Thomas davidson b. aug 1948 mar Susan marshall b. dec 1952.
thomas' grandparents were andrew davidson b. about 1875 (born in berwick as we believe and then moved to wallsend) and Susannah Mease b. about 1875.(in south shield, county durham)

Andrew and Susannah had a number of children:
(All birth years are approximated by 1 year, exc. isabella)
James Robert b. 1898, Thomas T M b.1900, Henry b. 1908, Charles b. 1917, Isabella b. 1913, Susannah b.1910

This family greew up in wallsend. I know that in 1901 they resided at 55 Benton way. After speaking to Thomas (b.1948) i have also discovered that the family also resided (later on) at Clyde avenue and then cross avenue. they moved to cross avenue during either 1940 or 1941.

Anyone that can give me help, advice, family members, useful websites etc. I would be most obliged. Can't even get past my grandparents on my side lol. any help however insignificant you may think it is is so very much welcome x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 29 Mar 2010 00:43

It's the ancestors of Andrew Davidson and Susannah Mease you're after?

Have you found their marriage at FreeBMD?

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

If you obtained the marriage certificate it should give their ages and fathers' names -- that's essential info for going back farther, to make sure you're tracking the right people.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 29 Mar 2010 00:48

Andrew Davidson is probably a rather common name, but not Susannah Mease.

If you search for that name at FreeBMD, there is only one birth, in 1875, which fits with the marriage date.

Do you have access to the censuses? Even if you don't pay to subscribe, the 1881 census is free at Ancestry, and you should be able to find her there with her parents.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=7572

I hate spoiling people's searching fun, myself. ;)

I'd say the first thing to do is get the marriage certificate to make sure of their details.

Anne-marie

Anne-marie Report 1 Apr 2010 13:06

Thank you for the help and advise Janey. I have now managed to trace back Andrews side of the family but as yet not Susannahs.
Managed to trace Andrews family through his brothers side of the family so I think i will have to get the marriage cert to follow up on Susannah.
Once again tyvm for your help xx