Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Davidson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

petedavo

petedavo Report 28 Dec 2005 01:58

Along long time ago my ancestors were Arnott-Davidson, every first born male being named James Arnott Davidson for some reason. Except for a Peter here and there, (The first born must of died before being old even to produce the next heir to the title). So my dad, James Arnott Davidson and myself had heard some story or another suggesting a joining of the Davidson and Arnott lines way way back, but we can not fathom it, nor the reason why it'd be important enough for every first born for the last 500 years to be named James Arnott Davidson. Can anyone tell tell what's going on? Peter James Davidson Western Australia petedavo Has anyone got a clue? as my dad was orphaned and all he had to go on was a family bible from 1749 signed by a 'CR' listing my ancestors since then, and some heresay stuff????.