Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Davidson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandraclare

sandraclare Report 14 Jul 2004 15:24

I am writing this on behalf of my partner Doug,he was born to Frederick William Davidson on 25/10/1960 in Kingston upon Hull he was an illigitimate child and was put into care by his mother at a very young age.Doug met his birth mother Bette Davidson otherwise Gospel formerly Snow (although she was never married to Frederick Davidson she took his name),in the 1980s but she wouldnt tell him anything of his father...we do know his fathers family were involved in the salvation army and although Doug has been in contact with them in the 1980s they DID know of his father.... but because he was in thier movement they also wouldnt tell him of his dad..does banging heads on brick walls come to mind!!!!!we do know his dad wanted to care for him but in the early 60s it wasnt possible for a single man ,not like now.Fredericks parents were Goerge and Lily Davidson (nee Wharam)of Hull also .Please please if anybody knows of anything we would really love to know as Doug would really love to either meet his dad (hopefully he is still alive) maybe he has siblings!!!! or just maybe see a picture of his dad or at the last resort visit a grave...If anyone has any infomation either email me or just leave a message on the boards ...I WILL LOOK EACH DAY...Thankyou with much hope