Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Davidson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

alexandrascot

alexandrascot Report 21 Jul 2007 11:08

Hi

***update august 2016

I have found two postcards from the simona (mona) i was looking for, one is dated may 12th 1906 postmark aberdeen, the other postcard must have been sent with a letter no postmark, but it is addressed to my grandmother from her cousin mona. this one has two dutch girls on it, and the back starts poskarte, i have checked this and this is dutch for postcard, so they must have been in holland - would you stop off in holland if you were bound for canada?****

I am trying to find out information on Isabella Ross Davidson she was born on fourth April 1875 at Brick Street, Cromarty, Black Isle, Scotland. Her parents were Robert Davidson (Baker) and Isabella Davidson (maiden name Grant). I have her on the 1891 Census for Fortrose and Rosemarkie at Holmes Close Rosmarkie.

Isabella had 3 sisters and 4 brothers
Daniel Alexander born Fearn born around 1880 died around 1952 in wick
Davidina born Fearn born around 1881
Christina born Fearn born around 1882
Robert John born Fearn born around 1885
Willam George born Fearn 1888
Jane Grant born Resolis Rosmarkie 1878
James Robertson born Rosemarkie around 1890 Died 26.12.1900 at charleston black isle

Isabella had an illegitimate daughter SIMONA MARGARET DAVIDSON born on June 30th 1894 at Farm Cottage, Rhives, Avoch, Black Isle

Last information I can find on Simona is 1901 Census where she was living with the family at Homes or Holmes Close Rosmarkie.

We think Isabella and Simona may have went to CANADA as I can find no marriages listed or deaths listed in Scotland
and my mother remembers family members talking about auntie MONA in CANADA we also think that mona may have been married to or into a family of people who worked boats ( ships captain ). I have now checked the 1911 census in scotland and no sign of isabella or simona - so they must have left for canada between 1901 and 1911

E

E Report 5 Sep 2012 06:20

Hi

I am hoping that you are still out there and still on genes reunited although your post is dated 2007. I am replying on the offchance that you are.

The Davidson family on your thread are my ancestors too.

My great-grandmother was Jane Grant Davidson. Jane had a daughter Jamesina who was my grandmother. They lived with all the family including Isabella Ross D. and Simona with my great-great grandmother Isabella (Bella) Davidson nee Grant in a house at Charleston village North Kessock on the Black Isle on the 1901 census'

Jamesina (Mina) grew up, married but died aged 31 in 1931 through pregnancy complications with her 5th child.
My Mum Helen Jane was her 3rd child and only girl.

My Mum went to stay with her granny Jane in Inverness and her brothers to other relatives. Bella died in 1931 also and Jane in 1937. Mum's father emigrated to Canada in 1932 and she never saw him again. She lost contact with all of her family due to the war.

Sadly, my Mum passed away in september last year so I can't ask her about all of this but I do recall her saying that she was taken by steamship to Canada to see an auntie and I vaguely remember the name Mona but can't be certain.

If I can be of any further help please let me know. I can look through some of the stuff I have and I live near Inverness so it's easy enough to find out things locally.

E

E Report 5 Sep 2012 06:34

If you are related to these Davidsons then we must be related too.

It would be interesting to compare notes perhaps.

I hope that you are still out there....

regards, Liz

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Sep 2012 06:46

E

this is a very old posting. It is very probable that Alexandra has never returned here, and will not see this message.

GR does not send messages re new postings on threads.

May I suggest that you send a pm (personal message).

Just click on Alexandra's name or on Send Message.

Type your information in the box that appears, then click Submit.

GR will then send a message to Alexandra to say that there is a message waiting in the internal messaging system.

Then all you have to do is hope that Mirca still has the same email address that GR has on file.

Good luck

sylvia

E

E Report 6 Sep 2012 00:11

Thank you very much for your help Sylvia. It is much appreciated. I have taken your advice and will just keep fingers crossed that e-mail address is still the same after all this time...

Thanks again!

E

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2012 00:27

you're very welcome

alexandrascot

alexandrascot Report 8 Sep 2012 17:54

Hi Liz

I am still on Genes Reunited, I have sent you a message, I am so excited, getting
a reply after message being posted in 2007. My great great grannie and your great great grannie were sisters!!! ( i belong to Davidina Davidson )

Hope you get in touch with me soon