Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Doyle b. Dublin m. O'neil went to liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 25 Nov 2007 07:07

I am having great difficulty in tracing any of my mums maternal relatives beyond information given to me by family, if anyone can help would be greatful:

Peter Doyle c1845 married Rosanna Harrison

they had at least one son:
Pter c 1875. Born in Dublin and baptised on 25/11/1876.

Peter (jnr) Married Julia (or Mary) O'neil also born in Dublin

They had the following children:
Joseph (died april 1972. born in dublin)
Julia (married Richard Evans. Died 1973. born 1916 liverpool)
Thomas ( born 1914 died 15/12/1941 able seaman H.M.S. Galatea)
James
David

I have a marriage certificate for Peter Doyle and Julia O'Neil dated March 1918 at St Kevins Weird thing is that this marriage is after the children were born and back in Ireland. It looks like they left ireland for liverpool had their children, went to ireland to get married then came back to live in liverpool.

I am told that Peter and Julia left Ireland to escape the Easter Uprising, the original plan was to go to Canada with the other members of their family that were going, however when the ship docked in liverpool Julia had been so ill due to being pregnant and sea sick that she didnt want to go on the long journey so they stayed in liverpool.

But I am unable to find any other information - if you can help or have any of these people in your tree please let me know.