Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Register Look Ups 2004 to date

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Whirley

Whirley Report 23 Nov 2009 12:35

Offers here....
Please DO NOT post your requests in this thread. Please send the details by PRIVATE MESSAGE by CLICKING ON MY NAME.

Please PM me with name(s) of the person(s) you are looking for. Any middle intial known would be helpful too.

If you are looking for historical look ups, pls try the British Library:)
Thanks

P.S This replaces my previous thread which got deleted in error by me...

Whirley

Whirley Report 23 Nov 2009 17:55

n

Whirley

Whirley Report 24 Nov 2009 10:38

n for Tues.

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 24 Nov 2009 15:21

nudging for Elaine

Whirley

Whirley Report 24 Nov 2009 22:13

thank you George:) x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 24 Nov 2009 23:04

Found it!

I send people to Whirley all the time. (I try to do the www.192.com bare-bones search first so they know what to ask for, and I do recommend that anyone looking for someone do that too.)

And she thanks me for the referrals, if you can imagine. ;)

Good work and thanks, you!

Oh, may I recommend:

This 'nudging' business just isn't effective, especially on TTF which moves so fast. If the person isn't looking right when it's nudged, it just sinks again.

So much better to give the actual URL to anyone who needs the thread:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1190509

The easy way is just to look in the address line for the thread one is reading and replace the number after the = sign with

Whirley

Whirley Report 25 Nov 2009 11:37

I agree about the nudging Janey, but not everyone understands about c&p URL's etc so am happy for people to do a simple nudge as and when:)

Thanks all. Happy hunting....

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 25 Nov 2009 23:03

n

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Nov 2009 04:43

n

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Nov 2009 20:28

and again

*.*mag*nolia*.*

*.*mag*nolia*.* Report 27 Nov 2009 12:09

thanks Whirley....

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 27 Nov 2009 16:37

Yeh yeh, I know how people don't understand URLs. (And I always wonder how they made their way here!)

What I was getting at is that "nudging" is ineffective if you are trying to draw a thread to the attention of a *particular person* and that person isn't looking at the boards within a very short time of when the thread is nudged. It's always best to do the nudge *but also* give the person the URL.

The easy way is this.

The thread number for this thread is 1190509.

Anybody reading another thread just has to change the numbers after the = sign, in the address line up top for the thread they are reading, to 1190509 and hit "Enter" to come straight here.

Whirley

Whirley Report 29 Nov 2009 12:21

Hope I have replied to all PM's, if not, please let me know:) have a good Sunday all.x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 4 Dec 2009 16:23

Nudge for Stephanie, who will be PMing you, Whirley!

Whirley

Whirley Report 8 Dec 2009 21:28

Thanks JC, not sure if she has done it yet..x

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 29 Dec 2009 11:12

this is a 'nudge' for Valerie

Whirley

Whirley Report 12 Jan 2010 10:06

and a nudge from me

Tania

Tania Report 12 Jan 2010 10:14

yeah and a big nudge from me...

Whirley

Whirley Report 12 Jan 2010 10:26

Thanks Tania. I have added this elsewhere but will add it here also.

A few days ago, a GR member posted a thread on Tips board, titled “Electric Roll” and she posted under the board name of “Whirley“, when you go to send her a PM, her name comes up as a Stephanie Johnson, membership number 9712236. I asked Stephanie (who is now posting as BabyFace2010) to change her board name, which she duly did (thanks for that). She has posted under the name Whirley on the chat board and elsewhere too.

For those that know me or may not, I offer Electoral Register look ups (hence this thread) and have done so for sometime now so I would not wish to be confused with Stephanie, there is only one me. If if in doubt, my membership number is 2416966 and Stephanie’s is 9712236...pls always check the number if you are ever in doubt (by hovering your cursor on my name, my number will appear bottom left of your screen).

Thank you.

Whirley (the original one).
Ps. I don't type in textspk either:)

Tania

Tania Report 13 Jan 2010 15:08

was confusin espically wen you were lookin for an address/s in liverpool[which now i found out, it wasnt you....] but so glad yer back