Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

joseph henry elliott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 24 Apr 2008 12:18

Hi! I am trying to find out who my granddad was. I know his name was joseph henry elliott and he married kathleen bowler on 31/12/1936 in Lincoln lincolnshire. He had three children, Janet, Peter and Kathleen, unfortunately he left the family home and i cant seem to find out anymore about him. His three children have all passed away. Before my mum died she talked of wanting to know who he was as she was quite young when he left, I would love to hear from anyone who thinks they may know anything about him. I do know that when he married Kathleen he was in the Private Lincolnshire Regiment. I think he was born in 1916. Many thanks. Elaine.

Pam

Pam Report 24 Apr 2008 12:20

Have you got the marriage certificate ? This should give an age for him and his father's name which will enable you to go further back.

Pam

Pam Report 24 Apr 2008 12:23

In case you haven't

Kathleen Bowler
married
Elliott
DQ 1936
Lincoln
Volume 7a
Page 1409

www.gro.gov cost £7

Pam

Pam Report 24 Apr 2008 12:26

These are the only two Joseph Elliott's registered in Lincolnshire from 1910

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Jun 1912 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elliott Joseph E Blurton Grimsby 7a 1326

Births Dec 1915 (>99%)

ELLIOTT Joseph MELLORS Doncaster 9c 1504

Elaine

Elaine Report 24 Apr 2008 14:14

Hi, pam thank you very much for taking time time to reply. I do have the marriage certificate but it is quite tatty and i cant make out whether his age reads 20,25, or 26, i may have to request another copy just to be sure. Also i am not sure where he was born. I am new to this and i do apprecaiate the information you have given me, Thanks Again! Elaine.

Joyce

Joyce Report 22 May 2008 15:13

Hi Elaine

Have you tried the Veterans UK website? You may well be his next of kin, therefore you can apply for a copy of his Army service record. I did this for both of my Grandfathers as I too knew very little and have since made great progress.

Best of luck