Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Elliott c1830

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 21 Oct 2008 20:43

I'm trying to find more information on my great great great grandfather William Elliott. I don't have a birthday or location, but i know he was living at 47 Gibraltar Row, St. Georges Road, Southwark, London in 1852, and was married to an Eliza Ann Hayward. He was a Grocer/Cheesemonger. He died some time prior to his son getting married in 1874.

The son was William Hayward Elliott in 1852 (seems the eldest son's eldest son always has William in the name).

Any help gratefully received, as i've hit a bit of a brick wall with him!

Thanks
Dave Elliott

Tania

Tania Report 21 Oct 2008 21:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1848 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnaby Isabella Islington 3 228
Drake Emma Islington 3 228
Elliott William Islington 3 228
FENSOM James Islington 3 228
Ginn Sarah Islington 3 228
HAYWARD Eliza Ann Islington 3 228
MACKEY Charles Islington 3 228
PHILLIPS Alfred Islington 3 228

Tania

Tania Report 21 Oct 2008 21:19

1861 England Census
about Wm H Elliott
Name: Wm H Elliott
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1853
Relation: Son
Father's Name: William
Mother's Name: Eliza A
Where born: Surrey, England

Civil Parish: Stepney St Dunstan
Ecclesiastical parish: Limehouse St James
County/Island: Middlesex

Street address:

Condition as to marriage: View Image

Registration district: Stepney
Sub registration district: Ratcliff
ED, institution, or vessel: 8
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 78
Household Members: Name Age
Edward Elliott 6
Eliza A Elliott 41
Thomas Elliott 3
William Elliott 47
Wm H Elliott 8
Charles Flack 26

View
Original
Record

View original image
View blank form

David

David Report 21 Oct 2008 21:32

That's got to be him! There's a couple of sons in there i didn't know about! Thank you both! :o)

Next stop will be trying to find information on his parents... I'm assuming the father is also William Elliott.

Many thanks,
Dave

Joy

Joy Report 1 Feb 2009 22:48

I have an Eliza Ann Hayward christened 02 Feb 1840 St. Peter's Parish Maldon. have her parents Henry and Ann Whitmore plus 9 siblings. Sorry no spouse listed. Wonder if this could be your Eliza
Joy

David

David Report 11 Mar 2009 20:58

Hi Joy,

Thank you for the reply, it's no her though. I have managed to expand that side of the tree considerably since I last posted. My Eliza Ann Hayward was born 01/08/1819, parents Spencer Hayward and Elizabeth Briggs.

Best Wishes,
Dave