Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Benjamin Elliott, 1816

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DrJan

DrJan Report 27 Jan 2009 22:44

My ancestor Benjamin Elliott was born in Gestingthorpe, Essex in 1816. In his marriage record, it gives his father, Robert, as a carpenter.

There is no sign of Benjamin's birth in the Gestingthorpe records, but there are two Benjamin Elliotts in the Hintlesham records - both with fathers name Robert, who were carpenters!

Benjamin (1) is the son of Robert and Mary Ann Elliott, baptised 17th March 1816 - this is a possible, as Benjamin's birthday was 10th February.

Benjamin (2) was the son of Robert and Elizabeth Elliott (nee Pemberton) - he wasn't baptised until 1831, at the age of 15.

But I don't know which of these two is/may be my Benjamin. Is there anyone researching either of these families, who may be able to shed a little light? (Robert and Mary Ann apparently also had a son, Robert, chr. 1813).

My Benjamin later lived in Sproughton and Ipswich.

Thanks,
Janet