Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Minnie Amelia Elliott(nee Lawrence)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derrick

Derrick Report 17 Oct 2009 12:57

I am looking for Minnie Amelia Lawrence who married George William Elliott. They had a son Sidney Elliott in Lever street Holborn London in 1911.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Oct 2009 13:07

Does it give her age on the 1911 census?

Possible birth:-

Name: Minnie Amelia Lawrence
Year of Registration: 1868
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Birmingham (1837-1924)
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 128

Kath. x

Astra

Astra Report 17 Oct 2009 13:18

Death registration

Minnie Amelia Lawrence
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1868
Year of Registration: 1869
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at Death: 1
District: Birmingham (1837-1924)
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 99

Derrick

Derrick Report 17 Oct 2009 14:35

Thanks Kath and Astra. I haven't found her in the 1911 census yet. Is there a chance the family who had the Minnie Amelia Lawrence who died in 1869 had another girl and gave it the same name.

Derrick

Derrick Report 17 Oct 2009 15:04

Sorry to be so vague . Sidney Elliott was my wifes dad . He was killed in the second world war three months before she was born. On his birth certificate his father is shown as George William Elliott and his mother was Minnie Amelia Elliott formerly Lawrence. He was born at 18 Lever Street Holborn. My wife never met anyone from his family and desperatly wants to find her relatives

Derrick

Derrick Report 17 Oct 2009 15:10

I should have mentioned Sidney was born 17th January so it was before the census was taken

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 17 Oct 2009 15:25

Are you certain that Sidney's parents married?

Was Sidney an only child?

Derrick

Derrick Report 17 Oct 2009 15:31

George William Elliott was shown as a carman on Sidneys birth certificate. I have no idea if Sidney was an only child . Perhaps George and Minnie never married .

Gee

Gee Report 17 Oct 2009 15:53

Edit; Sorry found it

Births Mar 1911 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elliott Sidney Holborn 1b 629

BUT...now I cant see a death on CWWG?

Ginny
x

Choccy

Choccy Report 17 Oct 2009 15:54

1911 census

no credits to view, but this George William is a carman

HOUSEHOLD ELLIOTT GEORGE WILLIAM M 1890 21 St Pancras London

Mary

Mary Report 17 Oct 2009 15:55

1911 census will give Minnie's DOB but I cant find any of them in search.
I'am waiting till 21st Oct as it goes to 6 or 12 months subscription which will make it a lot more value for money.

Maryb

Gee

Gee Report 17 Oct 2009 16:20

Doh..

Name: ELLIOTT, SIDNEY
Initials: S
Nationality: United Kingdom
Regiment/Service: Royal Engineers
Date of Death: 23/04/1944
Service No: 6478522
Additional information: Son of George William and Minnie Amelia Elliott husband of Violet E. Elliott, of Enfield.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: Sec. C. Cons. Grave 7714.
Cemetery: ENFIELD (HERTFORD ROAD) CEMETERY

The only things I can think of is;
a) they didnt marry

b) Minnie's birth name was not Lawrence. Maybe her mom married again and she took her step fathers name

just a VERY BIG guess

Ginny
x

Derrick

Derrick Report 17 Oct 2009 16:40

Violet E Elliott was my wife's mother who died a few years ago. We have visited the grave mentioned on the record . It looks as though we will have to wait untill the 1911 site is a subscription site next week and perhaps I can come back and ask you all for your help again. I will keep checking back in case any of you come up with something else. Thanks to everyone who has taken the trouble in trying to help me..

Mary

Mary Report 21 Oct 2009 15:21

Still can't find anything on 1911 census,when you subscribe you have to go to findmypast site and that isn't showing George william Elliott 1890 St Pancras found on 1911 site.

Maryb

Derrick

Derrick Report 22 Oct 2009 20:28

Thanks Mary I will have to subscribe to 1911 census and do a search of the whole country