Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christopher Elliott (b. 1733) Sussex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 10 Apr 2010 13:10

I've got a bit further up on my tree and am struggling to get back further. I'm looking for the parents and siblings of:

Christopher Elliott (b. 1733 - d. 1807) Wisborough Green, Sussex
Married to Mary Tribe (b. 1745 - d. 1771) Sussex or Surrey i think.

They had 1 child i know of (although i suspect there are more, as there usually are at that time!) He was Thomas Elliott (b. c1771) Cranleigh, Sussex, England, married to Mary Muggeridge (b. 1776).

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but i thought i'd post it on the off chance someone has some info.

Many thanks,
David

safc

safc Report 10 Apr 2010 14:39

hi
have you tried familysearch, as theres a bit on christoper and family. he married mary tribe 1768. and ann boxall in 1776.

Irish Gel

Irish Gel Report 11 Apr 2010 13:45

Have you looked through the parish registers for the area? the local archives may have them online.

David

David Report 11 Apr 2010 18:12

Thanks for the familysearch suggestion. There's some interesting things coming up on that. I hadn't got Ann Boxall. It's really a case of trying to confirm if the Christopher that married Ann is the same as the one that married Mary (there were an awful lot of Elliott's in that area at the time!).

I've got a friend (who has more time to dedicate to research than me), who's been looking at the parish registers, so we'll see if anything more comes from there.