Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Elliott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anjenett

Anjenett Report 23 Sep 2006 10:48

If anyone can help with this I would be eternally grateful. Now that I have had children of my own, I am trying to build a family tree so that they know when they are older, where they came from. Here goes. My grandmother is Patricia Ann Elliott, born in 1939, to a John Elliott and Edith Kimbly. John Elliott was born on February 29th 1908, a leap year, and Edith was born around 1912, although I am not sure this year is exact, it could be give or take a couple of years. I do know that John Elliott was born somewhere in Tyne and Wear although I do not know where exactly. Unfortunately I have no location for Edith. John and Edith are as far back as I have managed to go, as neither my mother nor my grandmother know much more than this. Any help would be much appreciated. Kind regards. Anjenett. Update:::: I have spoken with my grandmother and this is what I have found. The surname is spelt Kimbley, not Kimbly as first thought. Edith Kimbley was born February 17th 1912. John Howard Elliott was born on February 29th in a place called Ordsall. John Howard Elliott and Edith Kimbley were married in a place called Bulwell in around 1937. Hope this is of some more help.