Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Elliott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 7 Mar 2006 21:52

DREW and ELLIOTT Looking for any information on Col. T. G. L. ELLIOTT, OBE. In WW2 he served in the D.C.L.I. In 1941 he was commanding officer of the Officers Training Unit No. 164 in Barmouth, Wales. He was married to Phyllis, and had children RODNEY ELLIOTT and SHEILA ELLIOTT. He was grandson of VICTOR ELLIOTT. He died on 17/02/1959 in Weymouth and was buried in Melcombe Regis Cemetery. Also RAF Sqd. Ldr. FRANCIS ELLIOTT DREW, of 4 The Gurneys, Paignton, Devon, married to Pam, died 25/07/1957 in Paignton, had children JENNIFER DREW and CAROLINE DREW. May be related to the above Col. T. G. L. Elliott. I have photo of a lady in Victorian costume - she is described as Francis Elliott Drew's grandmother Mrs. H.E. DREW, her maiden name was ELLIOTT, and it was her 90th birthday photo, taken in Weymouth in 1890 or 1891 !!. Generally I will be grateful for any information on the ELLIOTT and DREW families who lived in the MELCOMBE REGIS / WEYMOUTH area of DORSET, late 1800s/ early 1900s.