Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Elliott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Narelle

Narelle Report 22 Feb 2006 01:18

Im looking for the parents of a George Elliott he was born in abt 1814 in Nottingham England, he married a woman by the name of sarah Cooper they were married in Tasmania in 1840. George was sent to Tasmania as a convict for stealing, but i have no other details on him; on his convict papers it states that he had come from St. Marys Nottingham but i have been un able to find anything. transcript that i have from quater sessions. 'Session 16th October 1833 (p 187) William Harrison and George Elliott (Both previously convicted) accused of stealing on 18th August 1833 from the person of Thomas Barker one hat, one key and a halfpenny (value c. two shillings one and a half pence). Both pleaded not guilty, both found guilty. Sentence to be transported for 7 years). Elliott George, aged 18 tried 16th October 1833 at Nottingham Quarter Sessions, sentenced for 7 years. Origin Nottingham, St Mary. Transported 1834 to Van Dieman's Land, Tasmania aboard the John Barry.' If there is any one out there that could help me please email me. As i have a current up todate descendent list for him here with over 2100 names on it. Narelle Elliott