Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Elliott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 21 Sep 2003 00:32

hi,im trying to find out about my great great grandparents ,they got married in STOCKTON,ON TEES in 1872 ,their names are HENRY ELLIOTT AND MARY ANNE BLACKBURN ,HENRY WAS BORN IN 1845,MARY IN 1844,the family story is she was thought to be to good for Henry so they ran of.Their first child was born in 1873 my great grand father,he was named John Blackburn Elliott ,but a brother was called Joseph Hare so wed like to no where HARE comes from they had 8 children in total.there is connections with STOCKTON DURHAM ,YORKSHIRE AND LINCONSHIRE.Any help would be appreciated.Also any help with his parents John and Elizabeth who ive found out were married in Hutton Rudby in yorkshire.Henry was born in Stockon-on-tees aswas most of his siblings,Mary was born in york.I have since found out henrys dad john was born in 1799 inWashington durham and Elizabeth Moon his mother was born in1807 in Totnes Devon cant work out how they met,John was employed as a staithman.